Follow The Dude
- Meetings Temporarily on Hold
- For-Profit vs Not-For-Profit Health Care: Is one approach “better” than the other? Does one approach focus more on treatment over prevention?
- Universal/Global Ethics: Is there such a thing? What would they look like?
- Civility and Censorship in the Blogosphere: Where Do We Draw the Line?
- Intellectual Virtues: Do they exist? What are they? Do they matter?
- tagged: currently-readingThe Art and Science of Google+: A Psychological, User Friendly and Sometimes Even Humorous Guide to This New Social Layer.tagged: currently-readingby Roger Walshtagged: course-books and currently-readingtagged: course-books and currently-reading
- This was without a doubt one of the most comprehensive books I have read on the topic of Zen Buddhism. The breadth and depth of Alan Watts knowledge in this field is extraordinary and humbling. He covers an incredible amount of ground in...Although I found the earlier parts of this book a little narrow in scope and possibly a bit monotheistic, there is coverage of various spiritual traditions from Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Native American Indian, Hindu, Islam and ot...This was a very enjoyable and well-written book, and one of the last from the pioneer on death and dying research, Elizabeth Kubler-Ross. I had expected a focus on death and dying, but the title certainly provided a clue as to the actual...Another exceptional introductory book from the Dalai Lama. Great first-read for anyone interested in his basic philosophies and teachings. Highly secular and applicable, or of value, to anyone with an interest in living a spiritual and h...